Where to advertise your home business is simple – you want to advertise where your target market resides. The key to determining where to advertise your home based business is knowing your target market.
You’ll want to discern, for instance, whether middle-aged middle-class males are more likely to buy what you are selling, or whether the group most interested in your products would be young teens, or stay at home moms.
The places to put your ad dollars are as varied as there are sites on the Web. There are newspapers across the globe. There are e-newsletters and magazines. The list goes on and on. Advertising dollars can flow faster than one can see a profitable return. Research and test the market to gauge the expenditure verses the return on investment (ROI).
Advertise where it counts
- If your product would sell well to seniors, consider sites of senior-related services, retirement magazines and direct mail to folks such as AARP members.
- If your audience is a high-tech, Web savvy 20-something bunch you might want to advertise on some techie blogs and e-newsletters.
- You might want to start your own blog, and work towards Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to save on advertising dollars. The right keywords can bring nature searches to your site, but immediate results can be slow.
- Social Networking Services can benefit product interests and be inexpensive at the same time.
- If money is not a problem contract to have the advertising outsource.
There is no hard and fast rule. Best advice is to test, test, and scale accordingly as you work towards finding that sweet spot in your targeted market.